Dear Share The Care™ Supporters,
A few days ago I received an email from the sister of a woman whose caregiving story was recently profiled inPsychology Today‘s blog, The Dance of Connection. A link to that story is provided below, but I wanted to share a portion of the message I received as a reminder of the impact STC has on people’s lives.
“Many thanks to you for Share the Care that completely transformed Lynn’s life and mine. Because of it, we were all empowered to focus on what was needed and simultaneously given a sturdy foundation to ground us during a time of terrible upheaval. In addition, so many unexpected blessings came to us during the absolute worst of times. I am so very grateful for your work.”
“Grief shared is grief halved. Joy shared is joy doubled.” (a quote on one of Lynn’s last Christmas Cards)
Everyday, the need for STC grows as more people live alone without family, the Boomers age rapidly, and health care becomes increasingly complicated. To better serve those who turn to us for help, STC™ has been working hard behind the scenes on some key advances and we are delighted to report the progress over the last 6 months:
- A long-awaited evaluation of the STC model is underway by a researcher from the State University at Albany. The study is intended to establish an evidence-base that will support the continued growth of the STC™ program to help many more caregivers.
- We are in the final stages of building a new home website that will address the specific needs of our varied users: caregivers & concerned friends, health professionals, faith communities, and corporations and working caregivers. We plan to highlight examples of successful STC™ programs that blossomed following our STC Trainings.
- New media attention:
- The Wall Street Journal MarketWatch (Click to read it.)
- The Association of Women in Science magazine for an article I wrote “Who Cares For The Person Who Lives Alone?”
- eCareDiary recent interview (Click to read it.)
- Psychology Today‘s blog-The Dance of Connection: “The Saddest Happiest Most Inspiring Boring Cancer Story” about woman with TWO STC™ groups in two states. (Click to read it.)
We are proud to say that as a volunteer-driven organization, we have been able to direct almost all of the funds raised directly to benefit caregivers who turn to us for help. We make every effort to take the time to make a personal connection with people who contact us and/or are willing to share their stories. All STC™ services and materials – other than trainings and workshops provided to organizations – are provided without charge.
To continue to provide the personal encouragement and support STC is known for-
WE REALLY NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING.
Click here to donate online or if you prefer by check. We also invite you to donate in honor of a friend or loved one.
Please make checks payable to ShareTheCaregiving/NCCI and send to:
c/o The National Center for Civic Innovation – 6th Floor
121 Avenue of the Americas
New York City, NY 10013-1590
Of course, YOUR GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Please include your name and address so we can properly acknowledge your gift and, if you would like to be kept informed of STC news, your email address. As always your stories and photos for our website are always encouraged and welcome.
With gratitude from all of us at ShareTheCaregiving.
Sheila Warnock Founder & President