team-up to offer TEN CAREGIVERS an opportunity to win an Educational Travel Grant
In honor of National Family Caregiver Month, Road Scholar and Share The Care have joined forces to offer ten deserving caregivers (both unpaid family caregivers and nominated individuals who are part of a Share The Care Team) a unique respite opportunity to take part in a Road Scholar educational travel program.
What is a Road Scholar Educational Travel Grant?
Participating in a Road Scholar program is a special experience of learning and community. The programs are a wonderful way to feel revitalized, to make new friends and to spark creativity and intellectual curiosity. It is a unique Road Scholar experience that could be especially helpful for caregivers who are experiencing isolation and feelings of depression, stress and anxiety.
These grants are for caregivers who are 50 years of age or older and each provides an award of up to $1,300 to use toward a U.S.-based educational adventure that costs no more than $1,400.
There are 5 grants available in each category.
See eligibility for each below.
Be sure to read the Questions and Answers Section.
Who is eligible for
a Family Caregiver Grant?
A caregiver is eligible for a grant if …
- They are the primary unpaid caregiver providing daily care and support for a family member (spouse, parent, adult child, partner, sibling or close friend).
- Their loved one may also be receiving home care, hospice, visiting nurse, LPN services, or comparable and related services.
- Their loved one may be in adult day care, memory care, a nursing home or comparable or related facility.
- They lost a loved one within the past two years who was in any of the above situations.
- The applicant lives in the United States and is 50 years of age or older.
Who is eligible for a Share The Care™
Group Member Grant?
A Share The Care group member is eligible for a grant if …
- They are a member of a Share The Care group providing unpaid caregiving support for someone they know (friend, neighbor, relative, co-worker, partner or acquaintance).
- They have been nominated by their STC group as someone most deserving to receive a Share The Care caregiver grant.
- The group’s care recipient may also be receiving home care, hospice, visiting nurse, LPN services, or comparable or related services.
- The group’s care recipient, due to his or her condition, may now be in adult day care, memory care, a nursing home or comparable or related facility.
- The Share The Care group may have lost their care recipient within the past two years who was in any of the above situations.
- The nominee lives in the United States and is 50 years of age or older.
These grants will be available until all are awarded.
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Don’t Wait. Apply Now!
ShareTheCaregiving™ Inc. (aka Share The Care™) a project of the National Center for Civic Innovation (501c3) Inc. is not responsible for any claims of any nature arising out of any individual’s participation in any aspect of the Road Scholar travel program experience.
If you would like to sign up for Share The Care Newsletters please click the button below!